Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A New Year-Long Project

Two of my cousins, Jolynn and Lisa, and I all have spurts of really wanting to sew. It's funny because it seems like we're always trading off who's calling Nana or Jana for tips. Both Nana and Jana have done some really amazing projects, and those two smart ladies decided that we could all get together and sew quilts, which honestly seemed way too intense for me. I barely did one blanket and a few funny looking other projects. Luckily they presented it in a way that seemed much more manageable. We are each going to sew a our own quilt that has twelve blocks, one for each month. Definitely not as crazy sounding. One at a time, I think I can do it. And I think we're all super excited!

Our first task was the letters. We had to cut out all the letters for the entire quilt. Nana helped show us how to do that :)
It's harder to trace backwards letters than you think :) But they turn out so great-- the fabric is really cute! Nana was a genius getting material with circles, I was nervous about cutting straight lines, so I'm sure I would have gone crazy if there were stripes in it.
And there were so many!
But I did it! Cut them all out all by myself.
Phase one, complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment