Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 23, 2014

Five Years

Friday was our 5th anniversary.  I can't believe it.  Four years doesn't sound like much, even six years doesn't sound that much more impressive-- but there's something about five.  Obviously Marcus and I had the same thought as we both ended up getting each other a special present that was over our designated budget :)

Marcus got me a beautiful five ring necklace.  He definitely put a lot of thought into this symbolic gift!  Way to go, Marcus ;)
I took this picture from the website because it shows how pretty the necklace really is.

I decided a few months back I was going to clean up our tiny kitchen a bit in order to get Marcus a KitchenAid.  He's been wanting one for years, but we could never really justify it.  Not enough counter space was definitely one of the main issues since being in New York.  So I decided to make room! :)
Before

After

Isn't it so pretty?! :)

Then we had to wait for Marcus to get home from work to see the surprise.  I was hoping he hadn't guessed what I'd done-- I tried to be super sneaky about this gift :)  The office closed early for the holiday weekend, so luckily it wasn't too long waiting.  Just enough time for Chase to have a lollipop and a short walk down the street.



And then my anticipated moment:

I think Marcus likes his gift :)


I had also gotten a Groupon for tickets to the Mets v. Diamondbacks game, so we continued celebrating by going to Citi Field.




Our seats were in the outfield but under a covering.  It had rained a little earlier, and you can see the row in front of us had gotten wet.  Luckily we were safe...





Marcus was really excited when he found a Blue Smoke BBQ next to the Shake Shack.

Not your average baseball game meal.

Oh, but he loved it!
But then the angry clouds moved in...


And they had to cover the infield.

Rain Delay :(
We waited around for about two hours hoping they'd be able to finish, but after a few times walking around the stadium, and the weather started getting really cold, we decided to head home.  It was still fun to get about four innings of the game and now a voucher to go to another game!  

Happy 5th Anniversary, Marcus!

...And it was also an exciting day because my brother Brian proposed to his girlfriend, Courtney.  Congratulations, Brian & Courtney!
I stole this picture from Facebook, so sorry if you've already seen it.  But I love it.  You hardly get a picture of Brian with such a genuine smile :)  Yay for more Page girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment