Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Bronx Zoo

We had an awesome Saturday at the Bronx Zoo.  Marcus and I had been wanting to go, but getting to the Bronx takes awhile on the train.  Since Marcus' family was in town, we all decided to go.  It was a great day for the zoo!  It wasn't too hot, but the sun was out.  And it wasn't too crowded, despite the fact that most schools are on spring break.  I had a wonderful time at the zoo, and Chase was happy (and cute) all day!

Ready for a day at the zoo!

The entrance... We walked along the side since we took the train :)

Bison, which I learned are similar to buffalo but with bigger heads... sounds familiar

Always my favorite!

Enjoying a cool day in the sunshine

Marcus and his mom

Tortoises
Baby tortoises
Hardy Plants -- I think he was being a plant

Lemurs

Flamingos

I had no idea their wings were black

A video for my mom, since she loves them so...

We saw lots of birds!


Still happy

I had to take a picture because we talk about a "Mouse House" in Suzuki

I didn't dare go in the actual house

Peacocks on the sidewalk

The cute couple

Giraffes-- One of my favorite exhibits

One of the six giraffes playing with a stick

Chase enjoying some animals

A baboon-- this one kept trying to fight with the others--then he needed a water break

Baboon Butt

Big Brown Bear

Polar Bear

This was one of the tiger toys-- those are strong kitties!
(We saw a couple tigers but never too close to get a good picture.)

Chase wanted to help take a picture too (with me and his uncle Derek)

Marcus stretching out like a tiger
We'll have to come back again!  Definitely once Chase gets a little older and knows some animals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment