Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Applesauce Adventure

Marcus and I have been debating what kind of baby food to give Chase.  We decided to try actually making it.  Hopefully we stick with that because it was actually kind of fun.  I'm not the best at making meals, but I've been working on that this year.  Thankfully making food for Chase is a lot easier than putting together our dinner :)  I documented my first attempt at making food for Chase.  

Obviously we won't be introducing too many new foods right now.  He's been doing okay with the rice cereal, so to mix it up, I decided to try another good staple: Applesauce.  Plus that was an easy "recipe."  I made it last night in preparation for a Saturday applesauce introduction with Chase.

Getting all the dishes ready.

Prepping the apples.

Finished product:
A few frozen portions and some cute smile jars for the fridge.

The Big Introduction  
(it's a little rough because I was balancing the feeding and recording)

Right after the video stopped, he made the biggest stinker face ever.  Then he smiled and opened his mouth for more.  He had several spoonfuls and was very happy with it, at least I think he was.   

He obviously preferes applesauce to rice cereal :)

1 comment: