Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 17, 2012

Retail Retirement

Both Marcus and my dad refer to the fact that I have finished working at Bed Bath & Beyond as my retail retirement.  And I must say, it feels good.  :) 

Saturday was my actual last day before my maternity leave started, and it was probably the fastest work day ever.  It was really busy and a lot was going on in the store, so before I knew it, it was time to go home.  I must admit that I'm glad it ended on a good note because hopefully that will help me always remember the good parts of my crazy retail job.  And it was a great job-- good company, great products, lots of fun coworkers, and of course a cross country transfer-- but it was definitely time.  And I still can't believe that I'm on maternity leave!  Weird.  

I took a couple pictures of the store on my way to my last shift.  It was really fun working in a mall because they'd decorate for every season.  Plus it was a newer mall, so it was always really clean and nice.

The fall decor inside the Sky View Center

BBB (before it opened in the morning)

I was trying to make sure I had cleaned up all of my stuff and left on a good note, so it took me awhile to get ready to leave.  I guess a few managers thought I had gotten lost or something because they had planned a surprise party!  

Decorations in the Break Room

Worst picture of me ever, but there's me (& Critter) after a long day at work

Cake!

 I wish I had taken picture of more people at work, but it's difficult doing that when break times are all scattered throughout the day.  But I really do (DID) work with some great people, and they are so sweet to do something like this.

Fei had to show us how to correctly cut the cake.  And Lorena making a face. 

Cake and ice cream

One of the cute balloons

A lot of my coworkers signed a big card.

But I realized it really can't be my last day in Flushing.  I left my water bottle there...  Oops :)

No comments:

Post a Comment