Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Laundry Day

I realized today that many of our friends and family members don't realize how crazy it is to do laundry in the east.  When we first moved to New York, we would walk around the block with our laundry cart probably every three weeks and use the huge, industrial machines that cost probably $3-4 each load.  Luckily, we have worked out a system to do laundry in our building when the washers are vacant.  There are only three washers and two dryers, but it is very convenient to only have to trek down to the basement.  Plus, Marcus usually does the laundry, as he has for about three years.  Pretty awesome.  :)  And I love it because he has been known to leave me messages on my phone when I'm at work singing this awesome laundry song.  It's a favorite in our home!



But anyway, today was my first day doing laundry solo.  And it was much more enjoyable than I remembered.  Maybe that's because I was washing clothes, blankets, and towels for Critter-- yes, still no name.  (Figured with about three weeks until his due date, it was time to get the bag packed for the hospital!)  It's amazing how tiny all those little socks are... and how much fits in one load!  And the laundry detergent smells so good!!!  And about fourteen quarters later, our little guy has clean clothes!  Now he really can come :)  No, I'm not going to think about how much that costs per load because I'll just get depressed.  ...Besides Cafe Rio and Zupas, I think Marcus and I both agree that one of the things on our Top Five Places/Things We Miss About the West is being able to do laundry for free.

It's so crazy to think that we've been here for close to nine months, and we'll have a son anytime!  Not just a Critter, but an actual baby!  Washing his clothes makes it feel more real.  Too bad he won't get to wear them for who knows how long.  Hopefully sooner than later  :)  Marcus is just hoping for anytime after tonight since we're scheduled to do the maternity tour of the hospital after he gets off work, and he wants to know where to go and what to do.  But with a bag just about packed and some super cute clothes and blankets, I vote for a Critter arrival as soon as he can :)

1 comment:

  1. For a while we lived in an apartment that didn't have a washer/dryer... so we had to go to the laundromat... I'm sure that's even crazier where you are at! Some things you just take for granted :) It's crazy to think that it's baby time! I'm so excited for both of you, and can't wait to hear the news that he's here, and of course see pictures! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete