Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Our Adventure Home

More often than not, Chase was super good in the hospital.  And he was so cute just sleeping.  I might be a bit biased, but so many of the nurses said that too.  All of his check-ups went well, and every other night, he slept like a champ.  

Isn't he precious?!
My doctor often calls him delicious :)

We started getting ready to leave, and that was quite a process.  I'm pretty sure I'll be lucky if I wear a real outfit anytime soon because getting dressed with no stomach muscles takes forever!  And somehow we think the humidity affected the bag we had Chase's cute going home outfit in...  so we had to go with another plan.  The pants and socks were okay, but we kept him in his hospital shirt.  And right before we had left for the hospital, I had thrown in an extra blanket Nana had made just in case.  Good thing I did!  Because that's what he came home wearing.  :)  And, let me tell you, the second we got ready to be discharged, a murderous scream erupted that we had never heard.  Luckily the nurses thought it was just him being cute because he loved being there with them and didn't want to leave.  For awhile I think both Marcus and I figured we'd be living in that tiny room because he'd never stop screaming.  Seriously, the loudest scream yet.  And that was after he had a clean diaper and been fed.  Crazy boy.  Luckily, he had a sudden change and fell asleep in the car seat.


There is nothing like trying to get a car service to come with a screaming child.  But once again, our little angel baby was back, and he was so peaceful the entire ride.  I don't even think he realized we had gotten in a car or driven all the way back to Queens.  


Marcus was so excited to be going home.  Obviously we didn't plan on having to be in the hospital for quite so long, and it was just a little too long for our sanity.  But I think it really was nice to have so much help for a couple extra days.  Plus, Chase and I were really taken care of, which helped me feel much more confident he'll grow well (and maybe I'll shrink back up well).  And it was also nice not having to worry about parking a car and actually driving.  Though my poor muscle-less stomach did not enjoy the crazy NYC roads.


I think our little stubborn guy wiped himself out crying so much in the hospital-- he was still sleeping almost five hours later.  We didn't even want to move him, but I'm pretty sure he could've slept through anything.  It gave us a little time to get back settled in at home, move his bed into the living room near the reclining couch (for my convenience), and figure out what was our next step :)


And naturally, someone else wanted to get acquainted   But she hasn't been this close since.  The crying and pooping scares her a bit I guess.


So now we're all home and slowing figuring out how life will work.  One day at a time.  Or one diaper at a time...

1 comment:

  1. Oh! We are so excited for you! I loved those first weeks with my baby just loving her. But they are also the hardest weeks. I called it zombie mode. Call if you need someone to talk to!

    ReplyDelete