Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

CK Summer Picnic

A couple weeks ago, Marcus and I went to the CooperKatz Summer Picnic.  I'm so glad we went-- it was a lot of fun.  We got a ride from the city upstate on the "party bus."  We got to be the old, boring couple in the back that didn't drink on the drive :)  Luckily Marcus works with some pretty great people, so somehow I didn't feel too out of place.  Haha.  We both had a blast getting to know the other employees and having a nice day in an area I'd never been to--- I had never been upstate before, so I had been really looking forward to this event.

I didn't take many pictures because they were snapping them right and left.  Sadly I haven't seen any of those pop up on the company website or blog yet, so you just get to see five.  Maybe I'll be able to add pictures later.  I don't have any pictures of the great food or how swollen my feet were by the end of the day, but you can see a glimpse of the house with a nice pool and fantastic lake behind the enormous backyard :)

Marcus sitting by the pool.
(My feet have only swollen up twice so far, this being the first time, and I was extremely grateful for the cool pool water to help them out a bit.)

 Looking up at the house from where we were sitting.

Looking behind where we were sitting.  You can see the yard and the lake if you look closely.

Walking down the grass to the edge of the water.

Not bad, eh?  Definitely a different look for New York :)

It really was a great day.  Marcus had a blast chatting with Anne's husband about his drumming career, and I got to drill Marcus' boss about how they started the company.  And of course, the food.  And the scenery.  Fancy sandwiches for lunch.  Barbecue for dinner.  Ice cream bar dessert.  And if we drank, I could include ridiculous amounts of alcohol to the list.  Haha.  

We took the party bus back to Manhattan, but we had to be dropped off around the corner from where we were picked up-- apparently they were filming a movie on that street.  I have no idea what it was, but I love New York :)

No comments:

Post a Comment