Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 30, 2012

Home Projects

I've finally started to clean up the messes we have everywhere. I figure it's about time since we've been here for three months :) This corner by our fridge was OUT OF CONTROL! Seriously. In NY, you get tons of shopping bags because you grab a couple things here and there all the time at the store. Plus it's always double bagged since you walk everywhere. We store our bags, cereal, and tubs of food storage/rice in this corner, and it was bursting out and attacking us.
So I started a pretty random sewing project last week. I wanted a place to keep the bags. I had read on Pinterest to stick them in an empty Clorox wipes tub, but I kept forgetting to save one. Instead I made a tube to keep the bags. And as you can tell, Chicago was intrigued. (She liked to attack it as it moved around while I shoved the bags inside.)
It will hang up... somewhere.
I think I went a little overboard on the length, but I had some really fun scraps of material that I wanted to use. And honestly with how many bags I have, it could've been twice as long!
And we finally got another chair! We have wanted a rocker for awhile but weren't sure where to get one from because we obviously didn't want to carry it on the subway. Bless Amazon and Amazon Prime's free shipping. We were able to order a chair and get it delivered within two days! Now we have one small couch, two kitchen chairs, AND a chair! We can have a party now since people can sit! Haha. And we decided to kill two birds with one stone and get a glider that we will definitely use for years.
I'm pretty proud of it. I put it together. Luckily there were only a few steps. Otherwise I'm sure I would've had to wait for Marcus. Now we get to figure out how to arrange the corner of the room so it fits in without taking over the room and can still see the tv. :)
Instead he gets this half of the project. Clean up. :)
But I got a small bribe for the effort to get rid of the huge box.
Chicago quickly jumped up on the chair.
I think we'll end up having to fight her off to use the ottoman.
Yay! Progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment