Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

I was all excited to post some pictures of the fun Easter presents I got for Marcus, but my pictures disappeared. Sad day. But don't worry, I fixed it the problem all by myself(!), so it shouldn't do that anymore. Anyway, I love excuses to spoil Marcus. :) And I was so proud of myself for finding some good deals. I didn't have a basket again this year, so I made a pile on our chair before church. It wasn't anything big, but a few fun things. I got him a new tie, socks, two movies, and some candy. I know it sounds like a lot, but I was proud of myself for not spending as much as it seems.

We had a nice time at church, and Marcus gave a great lesson in Sunday School about the olive tree allegory. It was a beautiful day, so we walked home. Usually it's really cold and windy on our way home, but today we got to enjoy the sunshine. And I decided I really wanted a burrito, which Marcus was happy to help with as long as we watched one of his new movies That Thing You Do. We enjoyed a calm afternoon watching the movie and preparing our contributions for a potluck Easter dinner.

We had dinner with two other couples who live near us in Sunnyside, and we had a really nice time. Since we couldn't visit family for the day, it was great being able to spend the holiday with some good friends from the ward.

Our families were sweet to do little things for us for Easter. Marcus' family sent us some yummy Cadbury chocolate, which is already just about gone. It was great! I have a love hate relationship with those great candies. And when my mom was in town, we went in F.A.O. Schwartz, and she bought Critter his/her first present.

Since Critter (so named from the Little Critter books) won't be arriving until late September, we'll have to hang on to the book and bunny until then. :) But we're really excited! And it gets better... Today, at my doctor's appointment, we were informed that our Critter is most likely a little BOY! We'll know for sure in a month, but the doctor seemed fairly confident. :) Marcus claims he's known all along Critter is a little guy... and I'd post pictures, but I just couldn't start embarrassing him too early in his life. Haha.


Oh, and p.s. Marcus had ordered me an Easter/end of first trimester gift which he gave me last night when I got home from work. I was really excited. Hopefully our little munchkin will appreciate it too! I'm sure we'll consider the series very educational and start his Potter education young. :)

2 comments:

  1. WHAT THE.... YOU"RE PREGNANT!? ... how did I not know this until now? did I miss the mass text or Facebook announcement???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations! These posts make me so happy. Looks like Marcus has his own lucky streak coming! You guys deserve it!

    ReplyDelete