Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 2, 2011

Utah Valley Symphony

Last night was my final concert with the Utah Valley Symphony. Crazy. Somehow it's been two and a half years already! We've really had some fun concerts over that time, and I've loved having family attend. In the last concert, I sat first stand with LaReita for Moussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. I really enjoyed playing that piece, and of course, it was good for me to sit up front and really pay attention all rehearsal :)

It was fun that my last concert was the Christmas one because I always love that concert. I'm definitely a Christmas nut, as many of you know from when I visited Macy's in NY, and starting off December with a concert with all holiday music is a great way to kick off the season.

I obviously couldn't really take pictures while playing, but I do have two from rehearsal and one of Bryce from the UVS website. Sorry, I'll work on taking picture of myself playing while rehearsing. That'd be a talent :)We've been rehearsing at a local senior center, and they will be building a new one next year, so these pictures will be outdated quick :) And the concerts are in the Covey Center for the Arts in downtown Provo. It is a beautiful hall. If you've never been, go see the UVS play there sometime! It's always more fun to have a concert with a sold out audience.
Bryce Rytting
In rehearsal. We rotate seating, so I didn't have the best spot this last time. But notice, we're playing White Christmas :)
A little more of the group tuning in the Eldred Center
I've enjoyed playing with this group and will miss being forced to practice and play the cello :) LaReita (my cello sister-- we had the same original private teacher in Phoenix) was so great to get me involved and help me as I started teaching more private students. And Bryce is a phenomenal conductor! Everyone needs to attend a concert with him. He knows so much about the history and music itself.

So go to a concert! :)

utahvalleysymphony.org

No comments:

Post a Comment