Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 9, 2011

BBB Surprise Party

You know, some work situations are just plain bad. And I've thought about it a lot. I've come to the conclusion that the majority of what makes work good or bad is not what you're doing or how customers/clients treat you, but it's your relationship with your coworkers. If they're supportive and fun, any bad experience remains just that, and you can make it through any kind of day. Working retail was not necessarily my first choice long term, and I'm sure my attitude wasn't always the best. But working at Bed Bath & Beyond has really been great. Not just speaking about paychecks or insurance, but day to day. I work with a group of incredible people. And moving away will be extremely difficult when I think of leaving what we've all developed at work. They aren't just coworkers, they're friends or even family.

Alicia decided she wanted to throw a surprise going-away party for me. Apparently she'd been planning for weeks. And everyone at work was invited. I knew something was up, especially when she started to get frantic that I had other plans for last weekend. But we all made it work :) I definitely did not expect this many people to come. And I must say it was a blast! It was so much fun to spend some time outside of work together, no matter the reason. I don't have pictures of everyone who was there. I didn't get a camera out before Ron left for sure, and it was put away before Ashlee came, which was sad. But I really wanted to post these pictures so I'd always have them.

(going clockwise, starting with me) Crystal, Amy, Ben, Kaylee, her hushand Brandt, Ashley, her husband Garrett, Courtney, her date, Alison, Kalee, and Sammie
Alicia, Heidi, her husband Trevor, Brianna, her boyfriend Randy, Phil (Kacie's husband), Kacie, and Daniel (Alicia's husband)
Alison and Kalee
Tori and Sammie
Amy and Ben
Crystal
Brianna, Sara, Daniel, Randy, Brandt, Kaylee
Marcus posing :)
Alison, Kalee, Tori
Brianna, Marcus, Sara, Daniel, Alicia
Just thinking about going to a different city with different coworkers makes me sad. I'm really going to miss these great people! You always say you hope you stay in touch with old friends, but I really do!

No comments:

Post a Comment