Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Official New Yorkers

Now, here's a story for you. How we earned our shirts.
Too bad they don't actually give you one after wasting so much time at the DMV. Haha. So obviously New York has a billion too many rules. And exchanging an out-of-state license is no exception.

We had to have several documents proving our names and birthdays. You'd think that's actually easy, and for Marcus it was. The fact that neither my birth certificate or social security card say Hardy really confused the lady processing my application. There were no problems with the two previous people I talked to, but for some reason, she couldn't figure out what was going on with my paperwork. The funny part is that we had gotten everything ready according to the online requirements, but it still confused that lady. Plus, online it said it was like fifty dollars cheaper.

So that lady kept crossing out Page and Hardy all over the place. She thought the guy who'd helped me prepare at the previous window was crazy (but he'd done it all right!), and she kept telling me that I couldn't change my name and just make a maiden name my middle name without going to court... even though my social and Utah drivers license say everything correctly. She'd say it all out loud right and then do something different. Weird.

After she put in my address and name (with Hardy), she said she was then going to do the name change. I had to quickly stop her, assuring her that was correct. She was going to flip everything back to Page! I don't know what she was doing. So she just looked at it and gave up I guess since she'd done it all backwards (of how the first guy had put it together).

And when she finally decided everything was finished, she realized she hadn't done my voting registration or organ donation. So she was going to do another transaction. But then the voting part printed, so I guess she had done it. ??? I had seen a sign about signing up to be an organ donor, so I decided to just do it online. She was just too confused :) So I got my temporary NY license. Crazy!

Now we can legally join this picture of New York.
But don't worry, I (we) do not plan on using my (our) new NY license(s) to drive in the crazy traffic out here! I'll just be a pedestrian here and drive in other states :)
Aww, look at my cute little New Yorkers
So Marcus decided it was finally time to get a haircut. His hair was getting a little crazy, and I think he decided the beard was just too much. So I chopped it all off. And there was so much hair everywhere that he decided to...

Vacuum it up
And he decided to try a new facial hair look
A new look for the newest New Yorker

1 comment:

  1. Erica I am glad that the crazy DMV lady goofed things up correctly in the end. What an ordeal. You are both wise to be afoot in NYC traffic-frightening picture. Just be extra careful pedestrians and trust nothing on wheels.
    Marcus is a super hairy headed man. Dyson to the rescue once again. The funny thing is that Marcus used to drag the vacuum out of the closet and play with it as a little boy..... and nothing much has changed! LOL I have pictures to prove it. One shows him in his Easter outfit (complete with shorts and long socks-so very English looking) at about age two playing with his official toy vacuum.
    The transitional facial hair is fun. It doesn't take a lot to amuse a Hardy man and that's a good thing. Hurray for Erica and her haircutting skills to save $$$ in the big city. You two are quite a pair.

    ReplyDelete