Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 25, 2011

In honor of Papa: Colorblind Cupcakes

It's definitely been a long weekend for the Page family. My grandpa suffered a stroke on Friday morning, and I don't think anyone was prepared. Nana was so brave as she sent him off the hospital, and everyone was very hopeful that there would be no permanent damage. But things haven't been going well. Since I've been just staring at this computer and not able to write more than a couple words at a time, I'll probably have to post about what all has happened later. But today was really a special day. Almost the entire family was together at some point or another to support Nana and show their love for Papa. He's such a great man. He loved his family more than probably anything. And I am so glad that most of the Pages were able to be in Park City this summer and share some great memories. I love how happy Papa is in all of the pictures from that week.

I've been thinking a lot about how to make Papa proud, especially during this time. Even though I usually never say the right thing when there is any emotion or stress involved, I loved how our family was able to find ways to be together. And Papa loves when we are all together. He always wants everyone to be enjoying each other and sharing with each other. I've always felt that he loves to talk about everyone individually and what we are all doing in our lives. I know personally, he's been so supportive of everything I've done with music. I can only think of one orchestra concert he's missed since I've been in Utah. And throughout school, he was always making sure that I was enjoying it and doing well. And ever since I've started this cupcake craze, he's always been excited about whatever I'll bring to our Third Sunday Dinner. So I decided with all the family together tonight, I'd bring some cupcakes in honor of him. They're black and white because he's colorblind, a fact we often joked about :) And even Nana said tonight how proud he'd be of me for bringing some to share. But I think this is about all I'll be able to get out tonight, so here are Papa's colorblind cupcakes:



3 comments:

  1. Erica, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. He sounds like an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry again... I think your cupcakes were perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about your grandpa on Sunday from my parents. I am so sorry to hear about that. Your grandparents are amazing people, and I'm confident they will emerge from this all the better. Please please give them my love and let them know they are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete