Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Erica's Birthday

The Tuesday before my birthday, the Young Women came over and surprised me.  They brought cake, cheesecake, onesies they decorated for Ty, balloons, and a card.  








Darby, Lenzci, the creeper balloon, and Isabella

They wrote a song in the card, which they also sang:
"Happy Birthday to you!
We really love you.
You're amazing and really grumpy,
But it's okay 'cause you're cool!"
The grumpy line is an inside joke :)

Then on my birthday morning, Marcus pulled out some presents.


Of course Chase had to help open them

It was a beautiful Brighton bag that I had basically been coveting.  There are pictures later.

It was a Sunday morning, so we were all home for breakfast together.  We had the fancy breakfast of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls -- so good!

Chase enjoyed his breakfast too


Chase had also gotten a present from Mimi and Grandpa when I opened the box from them.  (I got a really cute shirt!)  Chase opened a Big Brother gift of a Build-A-Bear Stuart the Minion.  They're BFFs!

The three of us, Chase, Stuart, and I, watched Despicable Me together.  
And we also played Donkey Kong on the Wii for a little bit, which was another gift from Marcus.  We were given a Wii from one of Marcus' coworkers awhile back, and now we officially have two games!


Ty slept through most of the morning festivities.

It was a great birthday week.  Then on Wednesday I headed back to Connecticut to teach.  My new bag was able to have its inaugural trip, and I must say, it did a classy job.  I felt much more professional (and cute) with it.

The Bag on the 7 train

The Bag on the MetroNorth
Definitely bag success :)  And birthday success.  Here's to being 28 -- if that's the right age.  I can't remember.  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment