Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pie!

All summer the youth in our ward have been doing a PIE (Personal Improvement Extravaganza) program where they've been earning slices of pies for things like scripture reading, personal progress goals, journal writing, etc.  Last night was our big pie night where they got to throw the number of (whipped cream) pies they earned at the leaders...  Yep.  Good times.  They were really excited-- we had a lot more earned that we had anticipated :)  And after that, we ate some pies.  I was assigned to bring a chocolate pie.  Of course I called Connie!  I was really nervous about making it since chocolate pies are usually people's favorites and this was only my second pie ever, so I documented the process.  I figured if something went wrong, I could retrace what happened.  So here's my pie adventure:




mmm... meringue crust

my helper


getting anxious waiting...

...testing it out...

...trying to figure out what he just had...

...reaching for more...

...yumm!  at least I had Chase's stamp of approval.

My finished pie!  It was actually the only pie that was completely finished off at the activity :)  I was excited it turned out well!  Thanks Connie!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Erica! You are inspiring trying new things. That's an adorable pie assistant you have there.

    ReplyDelete