Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Benjamin in the City

Well here's a fun story.  I really wanted to take pictures throughout this adventure, but I couldn't since I was the only person there (besides a billion people in Manhattan of course).  So I drew pictures on my computer to help you visualize the excitement.

It starts with me.  
                                                 
   So here's me originally.
     

And of course, me now.
With the belly.

And here's me this afternoon.  Dressed for an audition/interview.  
I have been looking into starting at the School for Strings in Manhattan this fall.  It's a two-year teacher training course for the Suzuki Approach.  I had been considering a program like this for after college, but we made other plans at the time.  Guess what-- it's offered two places around the country.  One being the program I looked at before, and the other is this one in Manhattan.  So I went to the orientation meeting a couple weeks ago and scheduled this interview to keep the option open.  And so today, I was off to the city to play my solo and have an interview with the school director.

So naturally, here's the next picture in my story.
Yep, and me with the cello.  On my back.  Again, picture Manhattan in the background.  And I was off to my interview/audition.  You'd think it couldn't get crazier-- girl, pregnant, dressed for an interview, with a cello, ...  oh wait... 

...IN THE RAIN!

Seriously though.  Lots of rain.  I was soaked.  My shoes.  Pants.  Basically everything but my head and cello :)  (Again, picture crazy Manhattan in the background and two subway transfers.)  It was a pretty ridiculous afternoon.  Haha.  

In case you were wondering, the interview went well.  Somehow I managed to decently play an audition piece after way too many months of not practicing.  I was pretty nervous to say the least.  And now we have some time to decide for sure if I'm starting with the program in the fall.  But at least the option is there, and it would be a great experience and credential to have.

Here's the only actual picture of the event.  
Benjamin, my cello, and me heading out to the city.

2 comments: