Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Marcus' Parents Visit

My parents came for a visit a few weeks back. My Mom had been to New York once before last summer and my Dad had never been. After my Dad got over a few germ and security related issues, it actually wound up being a pretty fun trip for them. We enjoyed good food, fun activities and each other's company.

My parents stayed in a hotel near Bryant park in the city. My mom was very excited to find out that they were giving away free flower bulbs--she took a bag home with her. After we carried it to go see The Avengers, which was thoroughly enjoyed--even by my Dad, who is perhaps the most precocious movie critic in the family.

One of the highlights of the trip was Katz' Deli. I know...it's a tourist spot, but I still drag all guests there. It is honestly very good. My parents liked it enough that they went back a second time while Erica and I were at work. The Reuben is that good.
More photos at Katz' Deli.

By my favorite subway mural in the Bryant Park tunnel near where my folks stayed.

Us after church--fortunately, my parents didn't have to suffer through one of my Sunday School lessons.




Oh, and heck, more Deli. "Grab some Deli"--as Saul Siler would say.

It was a lot of fun to have my parents out--they seemed to enjoy the experience, and we enjoyed playing tour guide and hosting them.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time and cannot wait to come again to meet your son! Thank you for taking such good care of us and coaching on city behaviors :o)
    Love you three (four counting kitty)
    Mom/Cozette

    ReplyDelete