Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Anniversary Part I



On Wednesday Erica and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. I am frankly astonished that she has put up with me for this long--apparently I'm a keeper. We have fun festivities in store this weekend, but here is a bit on what we did the day of the 23rd.

Erica loves giving presents--and she came up with a good one for me, it was really funny. And useful

Firstly, a new mouse pad. Shaped like the logo of the "7" train we both ride to work each day. The NYC Transit system is sort of an inside joke for us, in particular the announcements and the ads. All of them are written with very dramatic (and incorrect) phrasing. Things like "We're building branches. And improving trains. For your convenience.We're saving 80,000 of you 30 minutes each day. That's a lot of minutes. A lot being the key word." Maybe you'd have to be there. Anyhow, this tribute to "Our 7 Service" was really well received.

To go with the mouse pad was, of course, a mouse. A "Magic Mouse," to be precise. It's a special Apple mouse that doesn't have any buttons. Like an iPhone, you can do multi-touch gestures on its surface. It's really cool, and something that I had expressed interest in but never actually gone out to purchase. I was really surprised and after using it last night and this morning, I really like it. It's a nice and makes working slicker and easier.
Testing it out.

Erica got breakfast in bed, and these pretty blue roses after work. I really liked them when I saw them and thought that since we're having a little boy it was appropriate. Erica apparently told me that this is what I should have done for Mother's Day a while ago, but I don't remember. Subliminal message I guess.
Here is the whole bunch of them--they still look this good...'cept the cat decided to eat some of the garnishing flora. She likes anything that comes from the jungle...our little vegetarian tiger.

Who knows what the weekend will bring. More fun? More gifts for Erica? Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment