Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Home Improvements Cont.

I've been continuing to work on our little home improvement projects. I figured the easiest place to start was hanging up some pictures. Finally. I've been putting up a collage of the black frames in our hallway. We don't have tons of space, obviously, and I figured using the hall space was a smart place to start.

I still need to put up pictures in the bedroom, but that project will be another day. Or another month. I had started cleaning up and organizing the living room first, and eventually I'll move on to re-"decorating" the bedroom too. Once I figure out how we'll arrange the furniture to fit Critter, then I'll put pictures up and clean up the messes hiding in every corner.

So like I posted before, this corner in our kitchen had quickly gotten out of control. So this was first on the list. I knew I couldn't actually get rid of the mess, so instead, I wanted to just hide it.
I bought a tablecloth that matched the colors in the room. I figured it would be best to use a tablecloth since it was a thicker material, machine-washable, and on sale. :)
Chicago kept it safe until I was ready to work on the project.
So here's stage one:
I connected the material to the shelving until with curtain ring hooks. It worked better than I thought it would. Plus it was easier than than trying to attach velcro or sew onto metal. :)
Sadly, in the process, I knocked the speaker off the tv stand, and I broke Chicago's food bowl. So I had to take a break to go out and buy another one. Luckily there are several pet shops close to our apartment. The one I went to didn't have many options, but it was a cute little store.
And here's the end of stage one. I definitely helped clean up the area. And once I move the cereal boxes, old notes on the fridge, and the extra bag of food we bought Chicago, I'm sure it will look even better.
Then I needed to figure out how to finish up the material and find a way to actually get into the shelves when we need the bakeware hiding behind it. Let me know if you have suggestions :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures in the hallway. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete