Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 13, 2012

My Stud Hubby

So I married a stud. Seriously. I'm sure many of you realize that, but we were reminded recently. :) A couple weeks ago, Marcus was having a tough time with some work assignments and was feeling really low. Out of nowhere, he received an email from the PR department at BYU saying that he had won an award from the Rulon R. Bradley foundation. Honestly, we didn't really know what that meant, but we made assumptions based on Marcus' hard work for many semesters in the BYU Bradley Lab. And he was shocked to have been awarded anything. The email invited Marcus to a luncheon, which sadly he obviously couldn't attend, and it said they would be sending him a cash award. Sweet deal. He really deserved that!

Anyway, today in the mail, the delivery guy dropped off a good sized manilla envelope. I was a little confused since I didn't remember ordering anything recently, but Marcus sometimes randomly does... However it was addressed from the BYU Communications department.

Assuming it was a letter with the award money, he let me open it while he was at work.

Nope, it was a box. I was getting pretty excited for him since obviously it was something cool, which it was. :)

Here's a better shot of HIS PLAQUE(!) outside the plastic. (Sorry about the flash in the corner.)

Apparently this award was a bigger deal that we realized. Marcus was named the Outstanding Senior in Public Relations for 2012! I'm so excited for him! I'm sure it means a lot to him to have been recognized for all his hard work finishing up his degree, and I wish he would've been able to attend the luncheon and award ceremony. I hope we will be able to hang it up somewhere close to his diploma, once we get that too :)

YAY MARCUS!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, So awesome! Congrats Marcus! You're apartment is coming together, and looking so cute. Hope you are doing well. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete