Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 12, 2012

10 NYC Must Have's

As I was on the train coming home from work tonight, I started thinking about how we're finally accumulating the things we need to be actual New Yorkers. Quickly I came up with a list that I thought would be fun to share.

1. Driver's Licence:
You can't do anything in this city without an I.D. (Ours came in the mail yesterday!!!) Definitely number one on the list!

2. Metrocard:
Seriously, best thing ever! I love being able to jump on the subway whenever, wherever. It's so much easier than maintaining a car and parking it somewhere in a city like this. Plus I can't even imagine driving here!

3. Brita Filter:
I guess you don't need Brita, but you do need a water filter. I've never consistently had so much water to drink. It's the best.

4. Cash:
You don't necessarily have to have a lot of money, but some cash always. It makes things, like getting pizza, so much easier :)

5. Smart Phone:
This city is too crazy to get around without one. There are the best apps to get directions and subway maps.

6. Down Jacket:
Love mine! That wind could kill you, but with down, you don't even notice. Seriously.

7. Big Umbrella:
Yes, that adjective is necessary. It rains from multiple directions at once here.

8. Fan / A.C.:
Summer in NY? Humidity? Yes.

9. Boots:
Snow. Rain. Makes sense.

10. Humidifier:
You'd think that in a humid city you wouldn't need it. But when that heater is on sucking all the moisture out of the air, you need it! Actually a manager at work had to explain that to me. haha.

What a special place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment