Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Oceanside

In July, we went on our annual Gardner family beach trip to Oceanside, California. It was sad that Marcus couldn't be there, but luckily everyone else (minus Brian of course) was there. We were in a new house this year-- it's getting harder and harder to fit everyone in one house, but it's a blast. And I know for a fact it is a favorite family tradition! Be warned, lots of Ada pictures :) Well, there are lots of pictures in general (since I actually took my camera and didn't just steal my mom's pictures), which is why it took me longer to post about the week.

The house
The "backyard"
The pier-- we were a little closer to it this year
Apparently that's some military ship off in the background that helicopters land on-- Marcus would know what it was called :)
Nighttime
Our home base
the big tent
Notice, I'm under the umbrella to not fry in the sun-- you can see the shadow
Gage
Gage
Reading-- with crazy CA hair
Sunburn? I was so careful.
Ada wanted to see a picture of herself and her toys
She assembled them all for the picture
And then she decided to scoot up really close to me to steal my cake, one little bite at a time.
Ada and G-Daddy
Dad, my mom's cousin Paige, and her two dogs
Ada helping Grandpa and Mimi open their 50th Anniversary present from my mom -- two books she put together online with pictures of all our beach trips and the family growing up.
Grandpa reading inside
Trevor being a 'lame old person' -- sitting under the umbrella napping :)
Kade
Alyssa (Jake's girlfriend) napping. She and Jake drove all night to get to the beach as early as they could after work.
Gage watching Kade and Jake play paddle ball
Yoga. Seriously. A lady on the beach asked my family if they wanted to join in yoga a couple days, and most everyone participated :)

Trevor and Jake
Jeff
Trevor, Jake, Alyssa, Jeff
Kade and Jeff
Trevor
Jessica helped demonstrate
Kade skim boarding
Ada was afraid of Trevor, until she had him read to her -- she loves books!
Brad, Ada, and Jessica
Debbie reading to Ada
Ada wanted to show off her shell
my dad and mom
Brad -- Ada kept cracking up every time he fell playing paddle ball
Trevor digging a hole (with Jake and Jake's friend Michael)
Trevor taking out some boogie boards
Mimi getting some sun
To celebrate the big 50th Anniversary, we all went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Mimi's choice :)
Jake, Alyssa, my mom, and me (I was obviously searching for the non-fish option)
Getting ready for some crab :)
We walked around a little after dinner
Michael, Trevor, Alyssa, and Jake
we ALWAYS take pictures the last morning we're there.

Jake, Alyssa, me, Grandpa, Mimi, Kade, Gage, Trevor
(not pictured: Ada, Marcus, and Brian)
the currently small Page family
me and my big little brother
Waiting for a table at Mimi's Cafe. If I remember correctly, we're all watching Ada. Naturally :)
We LOVE Oceanside!!!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOO many pictures! LOVE IT! I want to go to the beach SO bad now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ericka.......

    why wasn't I invited to the gardner family reunion??

    ReplyDelete