Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 12, 2011

My birthday week!

Last Tuesday was a pretty exciting day. It started bright and early when I went to the school district's office to work with the Nutrition Department, like I have for the past two summers. Gail had brought me a birthday muffin, which was really good! And extremely cute ;)

I worked on mailing out letters and manned the fort while there were training meetings for about eight hours. My day was divided by an email and a call from Marcus telling me that he was formally offered a job at CooperKatz! Definitely a great birthday present! And then it was back to work. This picture doesn't show the part of the pile I was working on. Both those stacks were originally equally high!

It is such a phenomenal group of people in the Nutrition department. They invited me to go with everyone to lunch at Iggy's where of course they embarrassed me by having the waiters sing and bring out a beautiful sundae.

Then that evening, I worked at the store until close. So I guess it was a little busy :) I figured a nice paycheck would be my birthday present to myself. That, and Marcus said we'd go out once he was back in town to celebrate some more.

He flew back in town on Saturday, very late. And he brought me a special New York birthday present. Definitely a fun surprise, since my present was supposed to be the Lion King tickets from last month.

Naturally, cupcakes :) These are from Crumbs, and if I remember correctly, the founder was on Cupcake Wars. They don't look as fancy as some of the cupcakes around here, but they were by far my favorite! We've been splitting them whenever we have a sugar craving so we can both try them all.

I think my favorite is either the Red Velvet or the Cookie Dough cupcake. Marcus agreed about the cookie dough :) We've also tried the Raspberry and Cosmo, but still have to try the Brownie and Lemon Meringue.

Then on Monday, we finished up my birthday celebration with lunch and a movie. We saw The Help, and it is fantastic. Read the book. See the movie. You won't regret either decision.

I don't know if I could've stretched out my birthday any farther :) But it was fun to have excuses to eat lots of treats and see a great movie.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE The Help! So wonderful! I didn't think that much work would make a good bday, but you made it seem super fun!

    ReplyDelete