Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Erica's Un-Birthday!

For my birthday (in August), Marcus bought us tickets to go to the So You Think You Can Dance tour, and the big day finally arrived. We had a fun evening, and we definitely started it out right...

We made Funfetti cookies for our primary class in anticipation of a great Sacrament program :) Okay, so that really wasn't part of our evening, but I did make those cookies, and they're amazing! And our primary class did a great job today-- they even sat still for almost the entire hour. almost.

This is how our exciting night actually begun... We went to one of our favorite places to eat!
Just thinking about it makes me want to go back. Maybe next week :)

And this is almost what my meal looked like. (I just found the clip art and had to include it.) Their chicken tortilla soup is my favorite-- if you know the recipe somehow, let me know! Marcus had some gross sea food soup and a yummy sandwich... I don't need that recipe. :)

And then we were off...
An hour later, we were at the E Center, anxiously waiting (for the doors to open because we were so early, which is what happens when Marcus makes the travel plans) for these dancers...

Obviously a few other people were either just as excited or had someone pushing them to get the best parking because the E Center had a huge crowd out front.

Soon we were inside. We had great tickets. Although a very tall lady sat in front of Marcus, I wouldn't complain about our seats at all. Row 20, middle! Seriously. It was like all those amazingly talented dancers were performing for us. So much cooler than watching on tv! There were a couple girls who should've stopped jumping out of their chairs so much, but they figured out that more people can see if everyone is seated by about intermission. :)

The man himself, Nigel Lythgoe, kicked off the evening. I know this is horrible, but I was so relieved when Cat Deeley wasn't there to host it. She drives me crazy. I enjoy listening to Mary Murphy more than her!

And the show begins... The dancers emceed for themselves, and their scripted jokes were a lot of fun. I can't lie, I laughed a lot.

This is my favorite dance of the season. Battlefield performed by Jeanine and Brandon. You can almost see them on the stage in this picture-- sorry, I took all these pictures on my phone, so they aren't the best.

Intermission. They were setting up the mirrors on the floor for a group number.

This was at intermission. The show was longer than we had anticipated, which probably bugged Marcus more than me :) But we had a blast!

But you should've seen him grin ear to ear when this number started! He loved Janette and Brandon in Ruby Blue-- it's the one where they're burglars. He really enjoyed the second half, which made it even more fun for me.

And finally, the big finish, which kind of reminded me of Disneyland. I'm so glad we were able to go! It was a ton of fun-- and obviously Utah was crazy excited for Randi to be one of the dancers since she is from Orem because everyone went crazy when she was on stage.

We were about deaf by the end, but I loved it all. And so did Marcus, just don't tell :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Laughed at the early arrival time (sorry Erica-it is part of his DNA) It is exciting to read about your lives. Love you both.
    Mom/Cozette

    ReplyDelete