Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, October 31, 2009

BOO!

Happy Halloween!

One year ago exactly, Marcus proposed, so to celebrate, we helped out at a multi-ward primary Halloween activity :)

I made this poster for our bean bag toss, and Marcus made bean bags from his mission socks. Yeah, it almost worked out to both of us putting in the same amount of time :)

Luckily, he decided to sit behind the board for the majority of the activity, so he was the one pelted with the socks when the kids couldn't (or didn't want to) aim. You can't really see, but he's dressed up like a bowler. It was one of the shirts I tried to trash when we got married, but I lost... obviously it was useful!

And I was a witch again...

One of the kids made all three bean bags in the holes-- he was celebrating

Ellie (from our primary class-- she's the one who knows EVERYTHING about the Titanic)

J.J. (also in our primary class)

We bought some pizza on the way home, and it was delicious! We ate it as we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas. (Fun fact: I bought that movie for Marcus last Halloween before I knew he was going to propose. He got a movie- I got a diamond :) Fair.) It is one of Marcus' favorite movies, and it allowed me to choose the movie later...

Then, it was time for our fun Halloween treat!

CARAMEL APPLES!

Marcus l-o-v-e-d peeling the wrappers off the candy (yep, we made the caramel the easy way)

Chillin'

Our fun toppings

Preparing more for the apples

Our masterpieces... they look a little Picasso-esque

APPLES :)

Marcus really enjoyed his

I think more ended up on my face than in my stomach

Good thing we stayed home because FOUR kids wouldn't have gotten candy from us. But I am glad we were prepared. It would've been embarrassing to have needed to hide from the doorbell. After our movie ended, Footloose was on tv. I was hoping for Hocus Pocus, but lucky Marcus, he was able to enjoy Kevin Bacon's dancin'. Probably ten minutes into the movie, Marcus said, "That looks like Utah!" Love it!

We had a great Halloween. Low key, not too scary... Definitely my style :)

2 comments:

  1. Looking very scholarly in those glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on the good ol blooooog. I love your Halloween festivities! So fun. And of course the event below here with Humor U. Love it all. Why haven't we seen you guys forever? This needs to end.

    ReplyDelete