Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back to the Norm

We had a great Conference weekend. I really enjoy how Utah basically dies for the few days, so it is easy to relax a little. We were able to go to Draper and Salt Lake on Saturday, and Marcus went to the Priesthood Session with his brother Derek. Marcus did have to work a crazy 2:00 A.M. shift Sunday morning, but I think his multiple naps throughout the day made up for the missing hours of sleep.

While we were at Marcus' parents' house, Cozette suggested putting Corona on my wrist, and the little miracle worker helped make huge improvements on the scar. Now I just need to work up the mobility, and it will be back to normal.

But now, we are back in Provo, and life is finding a routine. I taught orchestra this morning at 7:20 A.M. It was crazy cold, and I'm afraid to be moving around that early when it is snowing. Luckily I have a great class, and all the students are always incredibly enthusiastic... which is a blessing and a curse :) But I really do enjoy it, and I think the students are making some improvements. (I also have another private cello student!!! yay :) And there's a chance I can add about four more soon. That would be great, so cross your fingers!)

I am still working as a Lunch Clerk at another school in the Provo City School District. It's a great school, and I love being there everyday. It's always fun (and I have only talked with one angry parent so far). I don't know how much longer I will be at the District Office helping, but I have definitely learned to appreciate my life and all that Marcus does to ensure we have somewhere to live and enough food to eat.

Marcus has been working a lot, as normal. It is great once it hits Thursday night because we both have the weekends off. Well, Marcus worked this Sunday, but that was only due to Conference. He works all night Wednesday and Thursday, and I still don't understand how he can do that all night. I guess I'm a sleep wimp. He is able to get some homework done at work, so maybe that helps.

School is pretty busy for Marcus right now. It seems like there is always a test coming up, so he's coming up with a plan that will force him to be in the library more. I've seen him study, so I can witness that he does do at least some of his homework :)

Actually, Marcus has the best topic for a paper right now, so I helped him with his "research." He's writing a biology paper on Emperor Penguins, so he watched March of the Penguins to help. And last night, we watched Happy Feet. Next on the list is Surf's Up. Penguin movies are the best! Those animators are awesome!!!
-----

I realized we only have Ugly Apartment pictures posted, so here are a few while it's relatively clean.


Our bedroom... I think it's cute, but I decorated :)

And the living room....

So that's us... at least for now. Time to get back to work...

1 comment:

  1. Are those roses hanging upside down on the bedroom wall? That's a familiar sight - I don't remember a time when you didn't have roses hanging upside down on your wall!

    ReplyDelete