Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Our Italian Friends

We aren't allowed to have pets, and we aren't trying to figure out how to fit a crib in our apartment anytime soon, so, instead, we have three foreign exchange students living with us indefinitely. Two arrived on the evening of August 31st after a bumpy journey and were moved in within an hour. They were holding tightly to their Italian heritage, so they brought a small piece of Rome to remind them of their homeland.

Romeo Lustefishe Betamo

Claudio Fredrique Ribbeto a.k.a. Fred

...just in case you wanted to see how big the little guy is

Their shrine to Rome

...can you spy the fish or a frog?

Then I went back to get a real plant for the beta fish. Surprise, surprise, I came home with Fred's long lost energetic friend. (I guess frogs are happier with friends, and trust me, Fred is already more active than before. Hopefully Romeo remains control of his favorite nap stop under the fake plant.)

Antonio the Gladiator

Yeah, all of that happens on just a corner. There was no other way to fit 3 exchange students, Marcus, and me in our apartment! Be grateful that we had something exciting happen because I had taken pictures of the meatball dinner I made on Sunday, and that almost got its own post!

p.s. I hope you read the names with really exaggerated Italian accents because that's how Marcus wants it to be. Just imagine the excitement when he envisioned this Italian adventure. Ok, I wanted the frogs. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You guys are nuts. Loved the Italian names for your new little creatures. I'm glad that you can make your own fun without spending much. Ah, the little things in life :o) Mom/Cozette

    ReplyDelete