Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Antelope Island

Check us out... :) On Monday, Marcus and I went to Antelope Island with Misha and Jen Shields. It was a blast! I had no idea there even was an island out in the Salt Lake...

...or that there were bison there (which Marcus is obviously strong enough to hold up effortlessly)...
...or that there is a beach! I guess I was pretty naive.

The four of us went biking first. I don't think I had done that in at least eight years, and then all of a sudden I'm on a seven mile trip! You guessed it... sore butt!

We had a sandwich picnic lunch-- my favorite-- followed by a trip out in the salty water. No, we didn't swim, but we did float! :)

We had a ton of fun. I think I can safely say I'd go again. Next time, note to self, put on more sun screen! Thanks Misha, um, I mean Michael, and Jen! oh, and double thanks... since I stole your pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Antelope Island is an amazing place. The wildlife out there is spectacular. The old pioneer farm house is a great place to see on the Island. We go out there when in the winter (very cold too), you see alot of wildlife then. You guys visited at the right time of year as the noseums (big black stinging flies) are bad May through the 1st part of September, there are nasty creatures. Glad you had a great time and your apt decoration is going well.

    ReplyDelete