Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 7, 2016

An American in Paris

I am definitely a Gene Kelly fan, and An American in Paris was one of my favorite movies growing up.  I loved all the dancing.  So when my mom came out to visit for a few days and wanted to see a show, this was my suggestion.  (Plus one of our friends who is a Broadway reviewer said the dancing was great, so I knew I had to see it.)




There were a few changes from the movie with Gene Kelly, but it was really good.  The narrator was the pianist, not the artist.  So the opening focused on the piano.


The leads were all incredible!  Most of the dancers came from big ballet companies, and the lead singers were all award winners.  It was an amazing cast!  We had a fun evening.

Right outside the theater
Looking across the street

Times Square

No comments:

Post a Comment