Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

The best part about Marcus' birthday being close to his first Fathers' Day is that I got to give him presents on two days back-to-back!  Plus he's a great dad.  Chase loves him-- he lights up every time Marcus opens the door after work.  It's super cute.

It wasn't anything fancy-- a card and a small gift.  But I've had both for three months.  I designed them online and could hardly wait for Fathers' Day.  Seriously, I almost gave them to Marcus dozens of times.  I get so excited about giving presents.
We gave Marcus a card with this picture on the front.
And this tie.
All the pictures are about 6 months -- I had a blast picking a few for this gift.
(This picture is the preview from the company's website.)  
Marcus ready for church in his 1st Fathers' Day tie
Yeah, Chase wasn't quite as quick to get ready for church...
Checking in on the kitty too.

I made Marcus choose what he wanted for dinner.  Guess he wanted some manly food for Fathers' Day.  He picked shish-kabobs.  We used steak, chicken, zucchini, tomato, and green pepper with an Italian dressing style marinade and baked them in the oven.  Oh man, I want another one now.  They were really good!  
   
Adding a little more marinade
Shish-kabobs really are pretty.  So colorful.  And luckily so yummy too.
Marcus said it was a great weekend.  Very simple and full of lots of things he likes.  Marcus jokingly called it "Super awesome [weekend] of Marcus-ness."  Nerd.  :)

HAPPY FATHERS DAY, MARCUS!

1 comment:

  1. Your card and gift were perfect. It makes me smille to see such a sweet little family. Good for Erica waiting for the day to give her thoughtful gifts-that is hard to do!

    ReplyDelete