Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 16, 2013

An Oatmeal Birthday

Saturday was Marcus' birthday.  Let's just say I had been planning, or coordinating, my idea for awhile.  And the icing to that was having a card making RS activity recently, so I got to make a birthday card to upgrade my fancy gift wrapping.  (I had also stolen all the cards Marcus got in the mail and saved them for Saturday.  He was probably wondering why none had come.)  I decided to do a themed birthday, mainly because I had so many ideas and needed to limit myself.  So Marcus' birthday was all about The Oatmeal.  (He's the comic that does all the crazy cat pictures.  If Marcus has ever forwarded you anything with a cat or a broken printer, it's probably from The Oatmeal.)  I had also arranged for some friends to come over and babysit in the morning so we could go see Man of Steel.  Marcus hasn't stopped talking about this moving basically since it was announced.  He loves talking about the soundtrack and the drumming.  Call him up; he'll talk your ear off.  But it will be interesting :)  When he heard the buzzer for the door, Marcus was outright giddy.  He was surprised!  yay!  The rest of the day was a lot calmer.  It had been a long week, and we both had lessons/meetings on Sunday to finish preparing.  I had tried to keep all the birthday plans hidden, and I think it was a fun and successful day.

Two happy guys-- I intentionally dressed Chase in a collared shirt "Marcus-style"
Presents!
Banana OATMEAL bread for breakfast
Finally opening the presents I bought probably 2 months ago :)

A shirt from THE OATMEAL
THE OATMEAL's newest book about dogs
A business card holder with vouchers for Superman and THE OATMEAL comics inside
Birthday Cards-- he was excited and displayed them out for us to enjoy
One of his favorite messages :)
Those two seriously have the same sense of humor.

Marcus' OATMEAL -- he posted this on facebook, but no comment back from The Oatmeal yet...

Then off to see Man of Steel
Told ya, he was excited :)
We went to the AMC in Times Square.  It's freaking amazing.   Huge building!  A million escalators.  Beautiful.

And check out the awesome ads out the window-- this is for you Grandpa :)  We're all kind of obsessed now.
Fun Birthday, if I do say so myself ;)
And his requested dinner.  French Dips.
And I found a great dessert: A Twix Ice Cream Cake!  We have a ton left...
I had been so excited to share my creative birthday presents-- at least I thought they were creative.  Not super fancy, but I'd like to think they were thoughtful.  And the day went by so fast.  Luckily he'll have another birthday next year, so I have a little time to come up with my next idea.  No pressure.

Happy 26th Marcus!

1 comment: