Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Final Elementary School Concert

Thursday was my last day of elementary school orchestra. It's always been a love/hate relationship, but I was actually sad to see it end. I most likely won't be teaching next year since I can't commit to a full school year (because Marcus graduates in December!!!). Anyway, I decided to have an ensemble concert. All the students were at such different levels-- it was easier to tailor pieces to their abilities this way. Plus I thought it was a fun change.

Benjamin, Nikolas, Scott
Scott said I could take one picture of him smiling at the camera...
Nikolas and Jens
Maddie and Baylee (two of my cello girls announcing their piece)
Maddie and Baylee playing
Scott-- he insisted on playing Brandenburg because he practiced it a ton
Shyell, Gracie, Baylee, Claire, Maddie
Benjamin and Nikolas (they were such little perfectionists with this song)
Gracie and Claire (they're twins! they learned to play Old Joe Clark-- it was a fun way to end the concert)
James, Scott, Jens, and Nikolas cleaning up
Gracie, Claire, Maddie, and Baylee
I thought this was a cute picture of Baylee waiting for her family
I can't believe I have already taught orchestra for two years. Time flies. And thank goodness you only remember the good times by the end, since we had some crazy days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment