Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter Elementary Orchestra Concert

Tuesday was the winter concert at the school where I teach orchestra. (It was a joint orchestra/choir event.) Marcus recorded the concert, and I have some pictures from before the assembly that afternoon and then before the concert in the evening. Afterward, the vice principal told me that it was the best winter concert they've had in a long time. :) I was pretty nervous about it because our rehearsal that morning wasn't the best, but they sounded better every time they sat down to play that day. Though sometimes getting them to sit was more than half the battle! Ha. But they did great. Many of their parents told me how impressed they were with all the progress since the kids only started playing their instruments in late September... and most had little to no musical experiences. It was a lot of fun, but I'm sure glad it's over ;)













2 comments: