Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 4, 2010

1776-2010

It seemed like more people celebrate the Fourth of July than Christmas around here. Seriously. I got off work an hour early on Saturday, which never happens. I would have been super excited, but Marcus had to work all night doing security at Stadium of Fire. I think all of Utah was there. I am told it's a killer firework show. I saw some at red lights on the way home, and Marcus had a great view from his post. He didn't get home until around 1 A.M., so that killed our celebration. But we'll definitely celebrate when we get his pay check :) (Sea World, here we come!!!)

Today, the actual 4th of July, we taught our crazy primary class, but they weren't so crazy. It was weird. They were the best behaved in the room, and the last primary president even noticed and commented. Too bad that only took like a year :) For dinner, we had good all American hamburgers. Yum! And homemade ice cream. Double yum!!! I made it from Papa's recipe, basically by myself. I will give Marcus credit for the ice, which was vital for the ice cream. It took a long time to make, but it was worth the wait. I added strawberries and blueberries to make our dessert festive red, white, and blue.





Happy Independence Day :)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously picturesque and festive food. I'm impressed! Sounds yummy! Can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete