Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oceanside

Marcus and I drove out to Oceanside, California for the second half of the annual Gardner family beach trip. We had so much fun-- it was worth the hours in the car. Once again, I failed to take pictures. Luckily, my mom had her camera and emailed me some. It is always a trip worth remembering. The sad thing is that the house we stay in is up for sale! Hopefully it will be around next summer because I am ready to start counting down to the beach trip again. Mimi & Grandpa have perfected this vacation! My dad, Brad, and Jessica were the only ones who couldn't make it to at least a part of the trip this year. Jeff & Debbie's family was there (Gage, Kade, Jake, and Jake's girlfriend Alyssa) as well as mine. And we all had a blast in the sun!

Trevor and Kade (who still refers to me as Jack :) )

Gage, Trevor, Marcus, and I played volleyball one afternoon. There also was a fun all-grandkids baseball game another evening which only resulted in one injury (from stepping on a rock).

Marcus' first time boogie boarding-- it took awhile, but we caught a great wave!

Marcus helped out with the hamburgers for dinner

I tried to act like I was helping :)

Marcus was trying to get some homework done on the beach

our home base (on the beach just below the house)

After Marcus received a surf shirt as a late birthday present, he was ready to catch the waves. He must have enjoyed it because he kept suggesting to go boogie board all day.

the guys (Trevor, Brian, Jake, Marcus)

Watching the waves (if you look closely, you can see a faint sunburn on my back-- I must admit, it was the least sunburned I had gotten at the beach in years!)
-----
Brian came up on Thursday night after work, and he brought his mission call. He had just gotten it in the mail that afternoon, so he opened it with us at the beach.

It was exciting waiting to hear where he would be going. Guesses included Louisville, Kentucky (my mom), somewhere beachy (me), and others. But we were all wrong...


Brian will be going to MOSCOW, RUSSIA!!! He reports to the Provo MTC on November 18th and will start freezing his butt off across the world probably three months later. It was fun to read through the warm clothes he'll need to get once he arrives there-- it is definitely not Phoenix or Oceanside weather! Russia was definitely a shock, but it sinks in more every day :) He will have an incredible experience!
-----
back on the beach...
all the grandkids--Alyssa, Jake, Kade, Marcus, me, Gage, Trevor, and Brian
(next year, there will be one more after Brad & Jessica's baby is born-- another girl, yay!)
with Grandpa (G-Daddy) and Mimi

I love going to the beach, and it was great to hear that Marcus had a fun time too. I guess that means they can count us in for next summer! Thanks for a wonderful vacation!

2 comments:

  1. love the beach! looks like it was a blast. Wow...Moscow what is Brian going to do to get his body ready for the cold! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad you guys had such a great time. I hope your house doesn't sell, either, as it holds so many memories for you. We go back to the beach in in the year 2011. Too far off, huh? We are so in shock that Brian is going to Russia, oh my word!!! This Phoenxian boy that only like spaghetti, salsa and chips and chicken. It will be so skinny when he comes home!!

    ReplyDelete