Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Planter Box Progress

One of the first things I wanted to do was work on the front of the house, which mainly meant that planter box.  I didn't like the wood, the drain pipe, or the current state of the planter box.  A little at a time we've been working on all of those things.



The first step here involved taking out that rose bush.  It was in a weird spot, unless I wanted to have a whole rose garden going on, which I didn't.  So my dad and I (mostly my dad) pulled out the rose bush, grass, weeds, and wood, and then we got the soil ready for some more planting.

Then I started getting some plants for the back half of the planter box, and Marcus installed a drip system.

When it wasn't too hot outside, Marcus and my dad dug a hole under the sidewalk to take that drain you see on the left out to the grass - as opposed to dumping potential rain water in the planter box and on the sidewalk.  That was quite a project!  


 And here's what it looks like now:

Some plants and solar lights

And check that out - the drain pipe goes under the sidewalk and pops up in the grass.  Awesome.
They're tiny little bushes, but they've got potential.  :)
And we did get a screen door too.  Loving that!

Next step, finish planting.  And I did order a bench and a mat to go by the door.  Hopefully it will come together soon!

1 comment: