Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Fall Concert in Connecticut

It's been a crazy November with lots of extra trips up to Connecticut.  We've all been going a little nuts trying to stay on top of life.  Let's just say we are really looking forward to our trip out west to have some time to relax, visit family, and recharge.

This time, the boys didn't come with me up to Connecticut.  I rode the train up to Southport for the Fall recital.  The three cello teachers combine and have a big cello recital, so it's fun to get lots more students from all levels.  It still didn't take too long.  I was back on the train in no time at all.  But since the commute takes a good 2+ hours, it made it an all day event.  (The 7 Train wasn't running, so that complicated getting home - plus I had my cello!)

The recital was held at a beautiful church in Southport.  It's where the fall recital was last year - Trinity Episcopal.


Looking out the window 

We didn't fill up all the rows, but the sound there is still great


Of course, everyone shows up with just barely enough time to get tuned and lined up.  I believe we had twenty performances.  (A few violinists did play too.)

All in line :)

After, there was a small reception with treats.  And I was given flowers from one of the parents.  It's a beautiful, fancy bouquet, and it just keeps looking better every day.


Waiting for the train

Attempting to take a selfie as I stood all the way home!  Full train :(

Better shot of the bouquet

It was fun to go up for the concert, but it was a lot of traveling for a 75 minute concert...  Good thing I love teaching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment