Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Picnic at the Park

I've been really looking forward to going on a picnic at Gantry Park ever since Christmas.  We were given a really pretty woven basket and a blanket as gifts, and I couldn't wait to use them.  There have been two issues stopping us from going.  First, I usually have to work on Saturdays, and second, it keeps raining on the weekends.  Well, I finally had a weekend where I didn't have to work, and the weather report only said like a 30% chance of rain.  I insisted we try for a picnic.

Chase is always happy to take the 7 Train with me :)
It was a nice, cool day at the park.  It would sprinkle on and off a little, but that didn't stop Chase and Marcus from playing in the grass.  Gotta take advantage of grass when you see some :)


Playing with the frisbee

Frisbee and Airplane Watching

Chase wanted to take off his shoes and let the grass "tickle [his] toes."  He'd run full speed all over the place just to keep touching the grass.




Chase tried a little bit of baseball too, but he was too quick to snap a picture.

And then of course, our snack break.

He's obviously a picnic pro.

*chomp*chomp*chomp*

I know I've said this before, and I will probably say it again, but I love Gantry Park.  It's so pretty.  Seriously, the best location in NYC.

Our set up -- don't you love the basket and blanket?!

And the view


On our way back to the train, we came across the Glass Posse Long Island City Yarn Bomb.  This was a project a bunch of our friends participated in back in probably February.  Kristy Glass led a project where they basically used fiber arts projects to graffiti an abandoned playground.  I had seen the video, which is the link above, but I hadn't seen it in person.

Glass Posse Yarn Bomb In LIC

After a few hours out and about, we were all ready to get back home and rest... just in time for some more rain.  It's been a weird summer out here with a couple crazy hot and humid days, followed by nice, cool, rainy days.  Seriously bizarre.  But it's keep us all from going too crazy in the heat.

One tired dad

And one tired boy

Definitely a successful picnic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment