Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Nutcracker

I'd been dropping (unsubtle) hints to Marcus for a long time that what I really wanted for Christmas was tickets to The Nutcracker by the New York City Ballet.  The Friday before Christmas, Marcus surprised me by getting home from work early.  He apparently had one last half vacation day and planned a "Day of Surprises," as he called it.  Then after I got back from teaching, he told me we were going to the Nutcracker that night!  We ordered some yummy dinner, got ready, and after the babysitter arrived, headed down to the Lincoln Center.  

This year is a special year for the Nutcracker as it is the 60th Anniversary.
Definitely a great year to go!

The Lincoln Center

I was just a little excited :)

Inside, near the stairs

Online picture of inside the hall -- not where we sat
The show was spectacular.  So many talented dancers.  We were really impressed with all the kids in the show.  A lot of the roles were children, and they were really good!
The flower queen was my favorite -- she was amazing!

After the show, we snapped a few pictures around the Lincoln Center.  Marcus was really impressed by the fountain.


It was a great show and a really fun night.  Thanks, Marcus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment