Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years

Every year the Page family, stemming from my grandparents, puts together a family history.  I am usually one of the first to finish, but I really like to work on it that week between Christmas and New Years.  It lets me look through the year and many fun memories and then I usually get inspired for a New Years Resolution or two.  Plus, it's easier to remember what happened in late December than the following year.  We've now lived in New York City for a full year.  That in itself is a crazy fact.  But it was fun looking through calendars and pictures of trips to Jones Beach, Virginia, and California and also more local things like Comic Con and Carnegie Hall.  There were many events tied around both our jobs and my schooling.  And of course Chase was born.  Definitely a fun, crazy, life altering year.

This year, by the time New Years came, I had my history finished, unless something crazy happened on New Years Eve of course. :)  We did have a Batman marathon where we watched Marcus' new movies all in a row over the two days.  Pretty intense.  And that night, I had decided on one New Years resolution and a couple goals for the year.  I realize those sound the same, but they're different in my mind.  My resolution was to try 25 new recipes this year.  I figured it would help me learn to cook more, try new dishes, and save some money by not going out much.  So that's where we started on New Years Eve.  I made a delicious potato soup that we'd had once before when a friend made it for us.  One down, 24 to go.  So two a month.  Seems easy enough. :)  And later in the evening, the Martins and Garretts came over while Chase was in bed to play games and watch the ball drop on tv.  (None of us wanted to battle the crowds-- you have to show up in the early afternoon to get a decent spot for midnight!)

I was a fun and low-stress holiday.  Definitely a good way to start the year.  We hope everyone had a great New Years too!

No comments:

Post a Comment