Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our Fun Weekend Trip

Marcus and I decided to go do something fun and outside Provo before he leaves for New York. We found a good deal on a room at the Castle Creek Inn in Sandy, yes the bed and breakfast in the Castle house, so we left after I got off work on Thursday.

It was really fun, and the decorations were great. Apparently Marcus was worried it was going to be really cheesy, but we loved it.

Maybe that was because they gave us pretty cherry cupcakes :)

Anyway, they offered us a free upgrade because no one had reserved one of their nicer rooms. Usually we only hear about certain people with that kind of luck (cough**Misha**cough), but we were so excited. It was the original room that Marcus had wanted.

And there was a huge jetted tub with a waterfall. Pretty sweet.

The room was upstairs, so of course, we peeked in all the other rooms on our way up. It's a really neat place. And the breakfast is great. French toast, fruit, eggs, banana bread...

And the grounds were beautiful. I kept imagining it in spring. Maybe we'll have to go back one day.

On the way home, we stopped at Thanksgiving Point. I had really wanted to go to the Tulip Festival, so we decided to drive over to see all the amazing flowers. Sadly it was crazy cold, so we decided not to stay but walked around out front. Marcus said it was colder there than at the Botanical Gardens in Phoenix in the middle of winter :) But I got some great pictures.



This one is my favorite.



I really like this one too.
It was really beautiful. I bet it will be even more amazing once spring actually starts here. I swear if it snows again, I'm going to find that groundhog who promised us warmth and strangle him.

And now we're just cleaning and packing so Marcus can catch his flight to New York. Hopefully his busy summer goes by as fast as the past few weeks have. Luckily the first countdown is only until Memorial Day weekend. Then he'll be down to visit :)

5 comments:

  1. So jealous! That looks like an awesome B&B. I'm glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Very subtle! I'm so glad you got to enjoy the splendor of upgrades! You deserve it and I totally want to go to a place like that! Come visit when the hubby is away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun...Schon and I have stayed there too and loved it! awesome that you guys got to upgrade the room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great room. Matt and I stayed in the exact same one when we got married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cupcakes are amazing. Didn't realize that you are such a cake decorator. Your pictures are fantatic. Hope all is well in Provo!!

    ReplyDelete