Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our Escape (said in the Dory voice)

After such a great summer with so many exciting trips, we had a difficult time adjusting to work and school again. Marcus decided that what we needed was a "vacation from our vacations," and I agreed on the condition that there's a big tub with jets. :)

We didn't want to go too far since we only had two days off, so we drove up to Logan. I had never been there before, and Marcus had only been once during the middle of winter. We stayed in a beautiful hotel, which had a great breakfast in the morning that included Belgium waffles! Yum!

We don't even have a fireplace, but the hotel room did! Marcus was impressed that it started with the switch on the wall. :)

He also liked the big flat screen tv on the wall.

THE TUB-- right in the middle of the room. Pretty sweet. I took two baths :)

I like this picture because we're both in it

It was a beautiful day. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner because we'd never been there, and we both ate way too much. Those rolls with cinnamon honey butter are incredible! And an hour later, it was crazy windy and cold outside. I had wanted to see the temple, so we decided to rough the cold weather and go anyway. Well, I was cold, Marcus wasn't. Of course.

It is amazing. You can see how windy it was by how the flag is straight out to the side. Too bad the wind wasn't blowing the other way.


Pretty flowers outside the temple

Yes, I know, I should be cold, since I don't have a jacket.

We mainly relaxed for the duration of our trip. Ate good food. Went to bed really early. It was great. And I am excited to go back sometime. Probably when there's some snow. Not because I like the snow, but because it would be even prettier around the city.

We did have two great finds in Logan.

First, Marcus' dream home.

I wish this was clearer, but I took in from the road through the car window. It was a huge house with tons of land. Definitely enough for a cow. I still don't understand his infatuation, but whatever.

Second, The Bluebird restaurant and candy shop.

I can't take credit for this one because Gail told me to go, but the chocolates there are truly perfect. Soooo-oo good!

We had a blast during our quick "escape" and now are doing much better with our busy schedules kicking in. Logan is a great city, and I hope we go back again sometime.

2 comments:

  1. That looks so nice! I love fireplaces!! I want one. Even though I live in AZ. I don't think I'll ever be able to have a Christmas without a real fireplace. :)

    I'm glad you guys had fun and were able to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bluebird IS AMAZING! It's so so good. I'm so so jealous that you had such a nice, COOL vacation. : )

    ReplyDelete