Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 26, 2010

One down, at least one more to go :)

My first finished sewing project!

Be impressed --- because I sure am. I started a blanket before this, but I haven't finished it yet. Hopefully I will this week. But here's the first completed project. I was very nervous throughout the whole sewing process, so there are only pictures from the end. Trust me, the pictures in the middle were crazy anyway.

It really isn't crooked like it looks here, I took the picture leaning over the kitchen table.

And there's even lace on the bottom!

Check out how you can't see the zipper! I know I didn't do it right, but it looks right :)

The side with the zipper

And it actually looks like a skirt on! Yay!

Marcus (obviously) took the picture. The skirt is only a little corner because something about some thirds law. But there it is, my first project completed. I haven't worn it yet (maybe because I'm subconsciously worried it will fall apart-- maybe because I haven't needed to wear a skirt since it's been finished). But I am so excited I finished it! And that it looks like a real skirt :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Your skirt turned out so stink'n cute! I've had my sewing machine since last Christmas, but I've only made little baby projects. We should have a sewing date sometime and you can teach me how to make a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it with your socks too! It really is incredible. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you. You are a "finisher" and see things through. You have lots of sewing projects in you future.

    ReplyDelete