Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

New Furniture

We've been working on our house, furnishing it and getting everything put away.  It's definitely going to be a long process because we have some big goals involving paint, more furniture, shelving, etc.  One thing at a time, and we'll get there.  

The room I started with was my cello teaching room.  Since I have already started teaching, I needed this room ready as quickly as possible.  That involved hanging some pictures, getting a shelf and white board, buying an arm chair for parents...  

Marcus' grandparents made the shelf for me, and Marcus put it up


I think it turned out great - it looks WAY better in person


Any my amazing purple chair look fantastic too :)

There's actually a great story about that purple chair and the loveseat below.  I obviously ordered the purple chair, but when it came, it wasn't the purple chair.  They sent the wrong item.  It was the loveseat.  So I called the company, and they said the warehouse has three weeks to contact me about returning this item.  They did send the correct chair in the meantime.  We crossed our fingers for three weeks, and they never called!  That meant we got to keep both the chair I ordered AND the loveseat!  Yay - some furniture for our formerly empty front room!  It's pretty comfy too, and it's a neutral color, which works great.



Ty loves storing his toys in the colorful bins.  And Chase likes to rearrange the colors.

Marcus has started cleaning up his "Drum Study" - basically his man cave.  It has a desk, probably too many books, and two drumsets...  But he likes it, and I have to admit that it's great having a dedicated place for him to work and practice.





The next projects are finishing the front yard, which is coming along, and then who knows...  haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment