Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 18, 2014

Officially a Suzuki Teacher

It's all official now.  My transcript with the Suzuki Association of the Americas has been updated to show the completion of my program!  YAY :)


And what's really exciting is that I've already been hired to teach at two schools!

I started teaching at Turtle Bay Music School in July, but my regular classes/lessons will start in the fall.  I was hired to be part of their Suzuki Cello faculty and teach in their Saturday Music Program.  So far, I really love it there.  It isn't a full Suzuki school, but it's a great place with fantastic employees and students.  They have wonderful outreach programs and really strive to help in the community.

Don't you love that red door?!  Such a neat building.
I've also been offered a position at the Suzuki Music School of Westport, which is in Westport, Connecticut.  It is an incredible opportunity to teach in a fully Suzuki atmosphere with all Suzuki trained teachers and incredible committed families.  It just takes a subway, train, and cab to get there.  :)  I'm really looking forward to starting there in the fall too!


------------
Like I've posted about before, during the course, I taught a cute little girl named Anna.  Her mom recently sent me some pictures from our final concert and festival.  Thought I'd include those too! :)



Final Recital -- Playing "See the Little Monkey"

Anna & Me

Peter (my teaching partner), Amelia (Anna's sister), and Anna

Most of our group of teachers (Karen, Alexandra, Susanna, me, Pablo, and Pam)
and some of the students (Maddie, Anna, Declan, Anwyn, Ana, and John) trying to get a good picture...
Hooray for completing the course AND getting jobs!  So glad we decided I should be part of this opportunity.  I'm really looking forward to teaching at these two schools!

No comments:

Post a Comment