Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 9, 2014

Suzuki Trained

I'm actually really sad my Suzuki teacher training class is over.  It was really fun and super interesting.  My teacher, Pam Devenport, has had so many exciting teaching and learning opportunities.  It was hard to soak in everything.  Plus, the six of us in the class seemed to really get along well, so it was fun working together and just joking around.  

Pablo, Alexandra, half of me, a random girl from the first year class,
Karen, Susanna with demon eyes, Peter (my teaching partner), and Pam


On Sunday, we had our final festival.  It was a play down with the entire School for Strings cello department, so we started with the most advanced piece and worked backwards (adding more and more cellists each song) down to Twinkle.


My student, Anna -- age 4, came to the festival.  She jumped in with the big Twinkle crowd, plucking some of the melody.
Getting all situated.

Pam, my teacher, checking in on Anna.

Getting ready...

Apparently we were really concerned about something :)

This cracked me up.  Marcus got some great pictures.

Our little concert go-er.  Notice his dog on the chair :)

Guess he was confused too???

Getting all ready to begin.

One last run through to check sound balance.  
I love watching the bows in sync.

I love Karen's hair here.

Sasha announcing the concert.  He's the director of the school.

An opening Twinkle


Back row is Karen, me, Susanna, Pablo, and someone we didn't know



Building up the numbers.

Pablo and Alex, a SfS faculty member


Maureen and Alex leading the group.

Franz our sweet, and a little crazy, pianist :)

me, Elizabeth (a faculty member), and Susanna

This is such a great video of Tarantella.  
Chase decided to help record.


Marcus and Chase watched most of the concert in the lobby with this view :)

Now that you've finished your long-term Suzuki teacher training course, 
what are you going to do???

I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment