Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 11, 2013

My Moment with Martha

I had an adventure this evening.  A friend and I planned to go over to the Williams Sonoma at Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle to get autographed copies of Martha Stewart's newest cookbook.  I couldn't decide if I really wanted to go, but after seeing the cover, I was convinced.


Sadly, my friend's daughters were sick, so I once again debated if I wanted to go.  I decided that since I had already reserved my copy, I should go.  Best.  Decision.  Ever.

So Chase and I headed out into the cold.  (This was his first day out since Thursday because he's been sick.)  He was really excited to be out and about.  Plus we got to see the lights in the neighborhood that are going up for the holidays.


So Chase and I got to Williams Sonoma about 40 minutes before the book signing.  I wanted to get there early but not too early, since I had Chase.  Marcus was planning to come over after work to help out in the line, but that obviously wouldn't be until after 5:00.  I wondered around for a few minutes and picked up my copy of the cookbook and joined the line.  

Luckily Chase was really well behaved, for a 1 year old.  :)  He threw his toys on the floor, but he wasn't too loud.  I'll take it.  And in line, they gave us samples they made of some mini rum bundt cakes.  Loved the frosting!


After about a half an hour in line, Martha Stewart arrived.  Chase was starting to get antsy, but I figured the line would go quickly because they had lots of rules- she will only sign her name, only this one cookbook, no posed pictures, ...  They had the process down.

But then, a lady came over and said that they were letting anyone with small children go to the front of the line!  I was not expecting that.  Sweet!  And I'm pretty sure I was the first person to meet her!  All of a sudden I was super excited and nervous.  There was Martha Freaking Stewart!  And do you know what the first thing she said was???  "Aww, how old is he?"  It's always about Chase.  haha.  She thought he was big and cute.  Yep, that sums him up.  Big and cute.


She was so nice.  And she personalized my book!  Take that rules.  She talked to me, the attendant took a picture of the signing on my phone, she wrote directly to me "For Erica.  Enjoy, Martha Stewart," and she likes my baby.  :)  



I am an even bigger fan now, and I think I'm going to try one of her new recipes this weekend for a baby shower I'm helping host.


I was prepared to be there for another thirty minutes to an hour, but since we were the first ones through the line, I now had some time to kill.  And Chase needed to get out of his stroller.  So we walked through the mall.  Yes, we both WALKED!


And fell.  Well, I didn't fall.  He did.  But he'd get back up.


He was getting pretty quick.  It was tricky keeping up with him as he dodged through all the people.


He'd walk to all the different stores, look through the doors, wait for the associates to smile and wave, and then head to the next one.  It was pretty hilarious actually.  But who knew, he can really do it.  He's never walked in public before.  (Sorry about my hand in the video, I was trying to get his attention without making noise.  Video fail.)


So then Marcus showed up, a little disappointed he didn't make it for the signing-- don't worry, he jumped in the store quickly to see her in person-- and we headed for dinner.  


The Original Soup Man!


It was really good!  Even Chase enjoyed some of my Chicken Corn Chowder.  And Marcus loved his lobster bisque.  Luckily the soup man working was nice and gave us our soup.  But I bet he'd yell at you, "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"  Just kidding.


I apologize to any fans of Studio C.  I have one of those husbands.


It was such a fun evening.  And the warm, delicious soup topped off the cold night.  And now I can't wait to "Enjoy" my new cookbook, which is so much more exciting after having seen her in person!  

P.S. She looks just like her pictures in person.  Very pretty lady.

2 comments:

  1. So so so so so cool! I am jealous but this is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing experience! NYC has been good to your family and boy.

    ReplyDelete