Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 17, 2012

An Airport All-Star

This year, we are spending Christmas in Arizona.  I have been looking forward to this trip for awhile!  :)  Marcus was kind enough to help Chase and me get to the airport with all our stuff, but then he had to stay in New York for another week of work.  (He'll be flying down on Friday for the following week.)  

Of course I was really nervous about flying with a 12 week old baby.  Who knows how that will play out...  But I guess I should have realized that we seriously have the best behaved baby ever who's always seemed to enjoy hearing airplanes.  

Here's Chase all ready for security:

The scariest part for me was going through security by myself.  With my carry-on, Chase, and his stuff, it was quite the balancing act.  Luckily it was all downhill from there.  He didn't even make a sound waiting in the terminal.  And when we boarded the plane, we were surprised (and relieved) when no one was seated right next to us!  yay :)  And the lady by the window was really nice and said to take as much room as we needed.

Chase was a little squirmy before the plane took off, but that's because he was getting hungry.  He had a bottle during take-off and quickly fell asleep.  He woke up almost half way through the flight and slept until landing.  Pretty impressive for a flight that was over five hours long!  All the flight attendants loved him-- probably mostly because he didn't scream :)

While we were waiting to get off the plane, I set Chase down on the empty seat.  
It's nice he can't really roll yet :)

It was a long flight. ...I usually sleep the whole way, and this time I was too afraid of dropping Chase (or leaning into the aisle when someone walked by and hitting his head), so I watched a lot of Chopped on the JetBlue TV.  But thankfully it wasn't a bad flight.

Some of our welcoming committee:
Brian

My dad and Jonne

Jonne was really excited to see us :)

Welcome to Arizona :)


Chase smiling at Uncle Brian

...Expect many more pictures in Arizona :)

3 comments: